With everyone joining in the realm of Bitcoins lately, the concept has surely gained some momentum. While some of us believe in storing our Bitcoins in our desktops or software, some might also be there who would want to keep the same more secure, in actual hardware wallets preferably!
What Is A Hardware Wallet?
Bitcoin hardware wallets are a tamper-proof electronic device designed to store private keys of your coins securely, which can be used for day-to-day purposes. The private keys and digital signatures needed to spend bitcoins are generated via these wallets. Hardware wallets offer full-proof security against software wallets in case of thefts or scams. However, hardware wallets are safer because even if they are stolen, you can always retrieve your coins on a new wallet. In contrast to this, software wallets can easily be hacked into and leaked/ stolen. Some hardware wallets have security grid cards, and some have a little digital screen with a user interface to verify transactions.
Some Of The Best Hardware Wallets Are As Follows:
1. Ledger Nano S
The Ledger Nano S is a product of a France-based startup. It has a very attractive and rather smart European-styled touch to it. Some of its key features include:
- backup seed key to help recover your bitcoins,
- easy to use OLED interface,
- flash drive like feel with two buttons on the side for navigating the interface
- it is a battery-less device, which again helps connect it to a PC or mobile device via USB
- supports nine cryptocurrencies (including Bitcoin)
- cheapest multicurrency wallet available only for $65.
With Trezor bitcoin hardware wallet, the era of hardware wallets beagn! It is created by SantoshiLabs and is the safest Bitcoin hardware wallet in the world. It looks like a tiny calculator with an OLED screen. Its key features and functions are as follows:
- generates nine digit pins and a 24-word recovery seed-key ensuring security
- it serves the purpose of storing private keys and to sign transactions online
- could be used with android devices and with apps such as TREZOR wallet, Mycelium, and Multibit HD.
- supports eight cryptocurrencies (including Bitcoin)
- it costs for $99.
3. Ledger Nano X
Ledger Nano X is the latest hardware wallet by the savvy of hardware wallet Ledger. The possibility of a security with the help of just two chips makes the wallet rather beautiful! Ledger Nano X is a perfect combination of hardware security and mobility. Following are some of its exquisite features:
- stainless steel and plastic
- 100 mAh battery
- stores multiple cryptocurrencies at one time
- easy to use
- free shipping
- login to DEX like Binance
- stores popular crypto wallets like- bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ethereum, litecoin, monero, ripple, neo, binance coin, 100+ cryptocurrencies
- it is the modern version of Ledger Nano S.
4. Keep Key
Another of a hardware device which is pretty much available in the market for storing bitcoins. Not that much a change when it comes to differentiating it from Ledger Nano or Trezor. It’s rather double the size of the two and therefore isn’t convenient to carry at all. Its features are as follows:
- same backup seed key feature with an enabled pincode
- works pretty much like other wallets
- supports six cryptocurrencies (including bitcoins)
- costs $ 99
Well, bitcoin hardware wallets were formed after bitcoin was born. Today, even cryptocurrencies can be stored in these wallets. Therefore, it becomes important to store these bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in a hardware wallet that’s secure for long term. Also, since these take a time of a month or so, due to the huge demand, you gotta be thinking on buying one ASAP.
Also, there seems to be no difficulty now on which one to chose after all!